Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man Jacket

StyloFashions

StyloFashions
StyloFashions

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Totus Tuus Family & Catholic Homeschool: The Shroud of Turin Replica - A Field Trip & Guest Post by my Dad

My faith does not rest on the Shroud of Turin. I believed in Jesus before I ever heard there was such an object.

Next, there's no way one can scientifically prove (or disprove) that the Shroud is Turin is the burial cloth of Christ, because there's no scientific test for the one-time presence of Jesus in a piece of cloth.

I've heard about the C-14 tests of 25 years ago supposedly saying the cloth is of later age than first century. BUT there are other tests indicating a first-century Judean/Palestinian origin.

This does not surprise me, as the miracles of Jesus have ALWAYS stirred up controversy and defied scientific categories. If you don't believe me, just read the Gospels.

However, if the Shroud of Turin gets people to think about the Passion and Resurrection of our Savior, and especially leads them to faith in Him, then it has served its purpose, whether or not it is what it is reputed to be.

I guess I'm saying the same thing that you are.
Anum 
Media Consultant
World News

0 comments:

Post a Comment